Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Bigger Picture

Thought - If everything in our lives can be explained apart from the work of God in our lives, then something in our life is wrong.

We end up being not all that we were made to be. We are living outside of His presence and in our own story instead of the one He is writing.

I listened to a teaching the other day where he said, if you would stop living in your own little story and start living in the larger one God is writing, you would find abundant joy and happiness and give up the lie of this world that says "it's all about me." Lately I am learning a lot about what it means to really press in to God and seek Him in a deeper way so that I don't miss the larger picture of what He is doing. Meaning I can be so consumed by one tiny little detail going on in my story that I miss how God is wanting use me in the bigger picture, mainly, in someone else's story. I have made so many mistakes by living in only what I can see and it does nothing to further His kingdom and that's something worth changing.

I wonder what would happen if we started living by letting the scriptures dictate our actions vs letting our story dictate how we interpret the scriptures in our lives? As Dell would say "we would turn this world upside down!" THAT'S my desire and my passion, whether I live here in the US or in another country, whether I clean toilets or serve in children's ministry, I want to live with the Holy Spirit in my life in a way that turns the world upside down! God's script is so much better than what we can come up with so just let it play out and be willing to hear Him and act on what He shows you and He is faithful to do so! We have a wonderful, merciful God whose heart breaks for His children when we hurt and rejoices with us when we have victory! There is blessing for those living in God's design and hurts and joy are all a sweet part of it.


2 Cor. 2:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." are you willing to live in the unseen?

I choose to let the God of this universe write my story, to live by the Holy Spirit, and let the scriptures dictate my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of something I read recently where the author basically said that we often live like we are the authors of our own story and God is merely a character in it, instead of realizing that God is the Author and we are the characters He's written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so true and we wonder why life is so hard haha! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete