Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh by the way.... Thailand.

I'm going to Thailand! Lord willing...

I have been praying about a lot of things including missions and well God has laid Thailand on my heart, randomly out of the blue, it was not on my list of things I was praying about! But... since He did, I kept it quiet and told no one cause I wanted to be sure I was not crazy... I asked a few girls to pray and fast with me and I asked the Lord that if Thailand was where He wanted me, to just have someone, anyone, just walk up to me and say "Thailand!" cause that sounded like a good plan to me!? haha!

A few weeks ago at Barros pizza, we walked in to order and it’s been the same two girls working there forever and randomly the brunette tells me "guess what!? I got accepted to teach overseas next summer!" and I said "yay congrats, where?" and she goes "THAILAND!" so I laughed, "haha!" and even though it was not a direct, "Rae, God says go to Thailand super spiritual moment", I felt it was exactly what I did pray for! I took a step of faith and filled out the application. I was accepted!

I'll be going to Bangkok, Thailand with a group called Adventures in Missions, I will leave end of October and return in about 2 weeks I think. I found this trip through something else I was looking at and when I saw the nature of the trip I knew this was it and why the Lord had said Thailand.

The nature of the trip is human trafficking and it's an area He placed on my heart right before moving to China. The team will focus first on ministry to trafficked young women and children in two major red light districts-Patpong and Nana District. The goal is that we will see with His eyes and feel with His heart as we encounter various opportunities for ministry relative to human trafficking. Our overall mission is to encourage, uplift, and work alongside ministries which have been working diligently inside Thailand for many years in these areas. We want to offer hope in Jesus and a way out of that lifestyle! It's an intense trip so they only take 15 women and keep it short; therefore we need Lots of prayer!

How You Can Pray:

-Against spiritual attack
-Pray for the women and children stuck in the cycles of human trafficking.
-Pray for the relationships we will form with the women in the major red light districts.
-Pray for the Patpong and Nana Districts and the people who flock to these areas as a way of getting away and handling their own rejection.
-Safety
-Pray my heart would be teachable and flexable cause this is a rough area where sometimes I think a machette would be more effective (kidding..)

At this point I have paid my deposit to secure my spot, but I am confident God will provide the rest. I feel so blessed He would give me the opportunity to go and I am excited to see what He does! Friends and family join me in prayer for the trip because I know it will be pretty emotionally and spiritually intense and I am not sure I am equipped for this area, but I am willing to go. :)

Thank you all for your love & support!

In His Love,
Rae

Come follow Me to the darkest places Come to the hurting, the howling, hallow faces, Come with Me to the addicted, convicted, and caught, Come with your light, run with your salt, Come to the sorrow; the suicide tree Come to the stable, Come follow Me. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment